Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's My Squidoo Birthday


Break out the champagne and lets party. Today is my first birthday on Squidoo. It's hard to believe that 12 months has gone already. Where ever does the time go?

For me it's been a big learning curve and alot of fun. From creating my very first lens (page), to joining Rocketmoms, through to the present day, I doubt I would have learned so much anywhere else. Squidoo is such a friendly and helpful community, even for dummies like me who don't always "get it".

As many lensmasters will tell you, Squidoo can be quite addictive, but even so I've experienced a couple of little squidoo humps along the way. But after a short break the enthuisiasm always comes back. I thoroughly enjoy reading and rating other peoples lenses and it never fails to amaze me just what people write about. Doing that alone is enough to inspire me in different directions and stimulates new ideas that I can work with. That, of course, does not mean copying someone elses work, but rather opens your eyes to all kinds of possibilities.

One thing I have found, is that friends and family often haven't got a clue what I'm talking about. I'm sure my huband thinks I've "lost my marbles" since I joined Squidoo and sees me doing a happy dance around the house. He really doesn't understand why I get so excited about being sprinkled with "angel dust" or becoming a "Giant Squid". Ah well, my Squidoo friends understand!

I have ended my first year on Squidoo with a great month. In July I became a Giant Squid, was awarded two Purple Stars and had one of my lenses in the top 100 (ok it was only there for a day but I'm not complaining). Oh yes, and I also started this blog - something I had been procrastinating about for ages.

All in all, I'm very happy with my first year but I still have much to learn and improve on. Who knows what the next 12 month might bring.

So raise your glasses, bring out the party hats and celebrate my first birthday with me!

Animated Squids by Steve Thompson / tagsforkids is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. Squidoo logo is a trademark of Squidoo LLC. Graphics, Squidart and Squidoodles © 2009 by tagsforkids (Steve Thompson)

No comments:

Post a Comment