Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Promoting Can Be A Bit Tedious

Just after I had published my very first lens on Squidoo, I was invited to join Rocketmoms. For me this was a great thing and I was thrilled to join and participate. I have certainly learned a lot from being a member of this fantastic group and certainly would not have made Giant Squid without it.

How ever there was a bit of a downside. Well it's not Rocketmoms fault but this group became my little world and I really didn't venture much outside it. Consequently I'm now trying to do things that I should have been doing all along. This includes trying to get backlinks to my lenses, improving tags and making sure that pictures are also tagged correctly. A big task now that I have 50 lenses.

I'm afraid I was guilty of only listing new lenses at the Rocketmoms site which doesn't provide backlinks. So now I'm busy listing all my lenses at various Squidoo directories and trying to find other places to promote them. Quite a big task that is not very exciting either. Oh well, I only have myself to blame. But it means I don't have much time for the fun stuff of creating new lenses at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment