Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Squidoo - Do You?

One of the greatest things about writing on Squidoo is the community. Since beginning my Squidoo journey nearly 12 months ago I have learned so much. Mainly because of this wonderful and helpful community.

On Squidoo you can write about anything (almost) that interests you. If you have a hobby, support a cause, or have a passion about something, you can write about it. If you are an avid gardener, you can share your garden and gardening tips. If you have a favorite pet, you can tell the world about it. If you want to make money on line, you can do it.

Be warned however, Squidoo can become addictive, as many fellow lensmasters will testify. It doesn't take long before you find that you are looking around and thinking - I could write about this. You might even wake up in the middle of the night with an idea.

The worst part about Squidoo is that none of your friends or family have the faintest idea what you are talking about. For example I recently became a "Giant Squid". This was an achievement for me and I was so happy and excited. But my family just looked at me as if I was crazy. Not to worry though because my Squidoo friends understood.

If you're thinking about writing on line and don't have much idea as to how to go about it I would certainly recommend Squidoo. Not only is it fun, it's also totally free. What could be better than that.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Squidoo has such a nice community feel here, and is addictive. I had no idea I could write about half the things I have so far. Your blog is starting off well. I wish it all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Aysha. For me, Squidoo can sometimes be challenging but it's always fun.

    ReplyDelete