Monday, July 26, 2010

The Tawny Frogmouth - A Unique Australian

Although I'm not Australian born, I have lived here nearly all of my life and truly consider this country to be my home. Being as isolated as it is, Australia is home to many unique animals and plants that, being a nature lover, have always fascinated me.


Consequently I like to write about Australia and it's uniqueness. Plants, birds and animals, places that no one has ever heard of, are the some of the things that interest me. For example the Tawny Frogmouth is a fascinating nocturnal native bird that visits my backyard. Although this bird looks similar to an owl, they are not related. The tawny frogmouth is a master of camouflage in the day time, blending in perfectly with it's surroundings.

Have you ever come across this bird?

No comments:

Post a Comment